Flickering water

Hi all,

I've just purchased LO:FC and patched it up to 1.12a and I'm having a blast flying the A-10. However I've got a problem with my water.

My specs:

Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2

2.13 Ghz Pentium M

nVidia 6800 Ultra 256MB 78.51 drivers

1GB 533Mhz RAM

Windows XP

I run FC with these settings:

Textures: High

Scenes: High

Water: Medium

Fog: Basic

Effects: Low

Lights: All

Shadows: Active Planar

Civilians: off

Heat Blur: off

Visibility Range: High (with a few tweaks)

I have the latest FPS tweak for 1.12a (available on lockonfiles.com), plus a water mod called "Enhanced FPS Water Mod" by D-Scythe, plus a few other tweaks for the sun, moon, runways, clouds, etc... (All from lockonfiles.com).

My problem is that my water flickers terribly. Almost looks like repetitive noise, it gets worse the farther out it goes. I tried water to very high on the default A-10 Oil Tanker mission, and the flickering was worse, and the reflections from the mountains were jumping around and looked absolutely terrible. Does anyone have any ideas how I could solve this?

Thanks,

Chris

Your flickering is done by competitively settings under lock On graphics and your settings by your graphics adapter.

Set the graphics adapter settings: Negative LOD-Bias to "clamp". AA to 4x , AF to 8x. and quality to high.

FC with these settings:

Textures: High

Scenes: High

Water: Medium

Haze: Advanced (changed)

Effects: Medium (changed)

Lights: All

Shadows: Active Planar

Civilians: off

Heat Blur: off

Visibility Range: High

PS. With overcast and fog settings should DENSITY set to zero!

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks fellows,

The D-scythe water mod does cause flickering, although it is reduced after setting the graphics settings as recommended. However, the only way to get rid of all flickering is by removing the mod.

Now I've just got to tweak it out again to get playable FPS, since I play at 1600*1200 :icon_syda:icon_syda:icon_syda

Chris