Changing Skins - How??

HeadHunter52

I've looked, and somehow I can't locate instructions for changing skins.

Is there a tutorial post somewhere? :helpsmilie:

Here is what I'm curious about....

What program is best for breaking downloaded rar files apart?

Where do new skin options get deposited?

HOW does one actually go about changing them?

I'm assuming these only work on our local machines, and have little to do with MP mode. Is this true?

I've been in the mission editor to see about changing things up in the "Free flight over Poti" mission, but it's too well hidden for me. Yes, I'm a noob.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Skins are useable from 2 locations:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries... then there is a folder for each airframe, which has the skins flies inside.

or

c:\Users\ your name \Saved Games\DCS\Liveries

You can use skins by going to the mission planner, selecting the armaments tab (that's the second tab in the side panel that appears once you have placed an aircraft on the map), and towards the bottom of the side panel you'll find a drop down list where you can select them.

How skins are used in multiplayer missions is up to the mission planner. You'll need to have the relevant skins downloaded onto your machine too, or it'll always just default to a standard skin instead.

You can also change the skin used in pre-planned missions that are flown as a single player by clicking on the mission planner button, and using the same drop down menu on the armaments tab.

Thank you, Neil. I appreciate it.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know where the "default" skins files are located. The bazar/liveries folder only has the description.lua file. For example fw-190 jg54 folder. Where are the actual aircraft skin files at?

does anyone know?

thanks in advance