Saving aircraft cockpit state.

ptako

Hello DCS experts!

I'm wondering for some time if it's possible to set up some kind of mechanism for A-10C module that:

1) at the end of mission:

- will export (and save in file) current positions of cockpit switches, rotary switches etc. for all A-10C aircrafts (separately)

- will export additional info such as fuel quantity, weapons and gun ammo quantities.

2) at the beginning of mission:

- will check if file with exported data exists for particular aircraft, and if so - it will set switches according to data from file.

By default when you begin mission on ramp, all switches are in correct positions (so you don't have to do pre-startup checklist (left console, instrument panel and right console checks)) to ensure you're good to go with startup.

My intention and main goal of this mechanism is encouraging pilots to perform correct shutdown sequence when they are already on the ground after sortie.

Idea is based on simple thing - if you shutdown your aircraft properly, you will have less work when you'll startup it next time, because all your switches should be in correct positions for startup and you'll only have to check them to confirm.

But if you didn't perform shutdown procedure you will have to place every switch to correct position during pre startup checks.

Described mechanism doesn't have to work when the mission starts and pilot enters his aircraft.

Acceptable solution is also modifying mission file (something like "prepare mission" feature of mission editor) before running it on server.

My main concern is if there is a way to read current position of particular switch and to set it back to chosen position by modifying mission file or during mission start.

Any hints, advices or ideas are very welcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--

"The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good shit.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time."

In RL there is a reason for going through the checklists.

When the pilot exits the aircraft, it isn't locked up and left alone until the next time he needs it. Lots of people are likely to have reasons to touch those switches before the next time the pilot gets in.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I know. That's why I'm trying to force pilots to go through checklists. If there is a way to set switches then i could generata some mess at mission startup to ensure that pilot will go through checklist.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--

"The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good shit.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time."