Mapping DCS Controls with TARGET Script

Hello all, I'm having a strange problem with DCS and i'm not sure if it is just me or not. I've done a lot of searching online for an answer to this puzzle however i have not found anything.

The problem i am having is simple; I created a TARGET script file using TEMPO commands and a bunch of UMD and IO layers. A great majority of the switches and buttons I have made lines for have modifiers built in.

Example:

///left fuel norm/override/// 'q'
MapKeyUMD(&Throttle, EFLNORM, PULSE+L_ALT+'q', PULSE+L_SHIFT+'q', PULSE+L_CTL+'q');
MapKeyUMD(&Throttle, EFLOVER, PULSE+R_ALT+'q', PULSE+R_SHIFT+'q', PULSE+R_CTL+'q');
///right fuel norm/override/// 'w'
MapKeyUMD(&Throttle, EFRNORM, PULSE+L_ALT+'w', PULSE+L_SHIFT+'w', PULSE+L_CTL+'w');
MapKeyUMD(&Throttle, EFROVER, PULSE+R_ALT+'w', PULSE+R_SHIFT+'w', PULSE+R_CTL+'w');
///Left Ign /// 'r'
MapKey(&Throttle, EOLIGN, TEMPO(L_SHIFT+'r',L_CTL+'r',500));///Left
///Right Ign/// 'e'
MapKey(&Throttle, EORIGN, TEMPO(L_SHIFT+'e',L_CTL+'e',500));///Right

The problem occurs when i try to map each function in DCS. the control window doesn't recognize the key stroke of for example 'q' it only registers the modifier of L ALT. This leaves me having to manually press each button on the Keyboard after the modifier has been defined.

Below is what happens when i flip/press any button/switch. Again the Modifier is registered but not the Keystroke.

281d688cae.png

I have tried Delays and chains nothing works. I'm leaning on the possibility that the virtual keyboard the Script binds to the controller isn't registered by DCS's Controls interface.

Any help is much appreciated.

You should not be trying to map keys in DCS that you have already assigned functions to in your script. That would defeat much of the purpose of Target.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: