F86 AI too slow

NakedSquirrel

The F86 AI flies too slow. In a dogfight, the AI tends to fight between 150kph - 450kph. 150kph is below the stall speed of the F86. Track provided. The Mig15 AI flies around 650-250kph. It can still be slow, but it proves to be a better dogfight than with the F86 AI.

Side note: I also have an issue with the F86 AI losing formation with wingmen, which seems to be related to speed. Basically one AI will stall climb in a fight, the other will stall(dive?). By the end, I notice 2 AI in the same flight with 3000m altitude difference flying waypoints, they do not bother rejoining with each other because of the altitude difference. This is time consuming to reproduce, but I think this is all related to the slow flying AI since it tries to fight at below stall speed.

f86aitrak.trk

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

• 1 month later...

yes I agree, a quick view of a tacview shows that the sabres love using all energy up and then flying very slow.

the MiG-15 on the other hand can build energy even after losing everything!

the next part is only speculation of course:

I think one of the core reasons isn't just that the AI is flying to slow but simply that the F-86 we have bleeds off energy to fast, so fast that the AI using normal flying behaviors can kill all its energy and get into a rut where it can't build any usable energy up... rather then stop trying to fly normally it continues to fly agressively and kills all its energy off in the process.

the MiG-15 on the other hand is a rocket ship, clearly something is not right with either the MiG-15 or the F-86..... I love these modules but I think if this was what korean conflict was that there would be no mention of MiG-15's being equal machines but rather super dominant ones.

The F86 AI flies too slow. In a dogfight, the AI tends to fight between 150kph - 450kph. 150kph is below the stall speed of the F86. Track provided. The Mig15 AI flies around 650-250kph. It can still be slow, but it proves to be a better dogfight than with the F86 AI.

What you are seeing in the bar at the bottom in the F2 view is groundspeed not IAS.

Edit: Or maybe it is TAS. Sorry, I don't know.

Edited by taps