Bombing

I have been conducting test runs but I cannot figure out what the sweet spot is for an effective bomb run.

I seem to be getting close. I am thinking 35 - 45 degree pitch at 700+ km/h is where I am most stable.

Does this sound right to anyone?

What are methods for a CCRP bomb run? I have successfully done it once but any other time either the bomb misses (usually my fault for not getting the pipper centered on target) or sometimes the bomb just does not hit the target (wings not level maybe?) yet, other times I am trying to line it up and just when I am about to pull the trigger my pipper turns into CCIP and I accidentally release a bomb before I want to.

one thing to remember with the SU-27 is that the CCIP piper is placed based on the radio altitude of the aircraft. If the ground you are flying over is significantly higher or lower than the target, range accuracy will suffer.

That makes sense. That is probably why sometimes I am right on the money and other times the pipper jumps around and my seemingly accurate releases miss long or short.

My test runs where I am baffled have been in the mountains south of Butami. On flat land I can always tell that my misses are user error. You cleared up a lot.

Is there any way to compensate for that? Or should I focus on lining up and dropping when I am on as even terrain as possible?

Edited by solidusbucket

Is there any way to compensate for that? Or should I focus on lining up and dropping when I am on as even terrain as possible?

where the tactical situation allows, flying along the center of the valley to engage mountain terrain targets is ideal. for targets on steeper slopes, or at elevations for which there is no level path to approach over, the only thing to do is dive at steep (80 degrees or more) angles. It is critical to begin such dives from high altitude at idle power. using airbrakes and flaps helps to retard dive speed as well and allow for safe pullouts.