Additional AAA units

Wizz

Hi all. I wanted to share something that I think would make DCS World a much more dynamic and challenging flight simulator, and that is the addition of a few more AAA units.

Specifically, the introduction of a range of gun/artillery systems that both increase lethality at lower altitudes, as well as extend the non-SAM lethal altitude above the current 23mm systems, would be fantastic, and really give pilots a chance to fly through a more deadly and rounded IADS.

The kinds of gun and artillery systems I think would work are:

ZPU-4 (or single/double barrelled systems) I acknowledge this is somewhat covered by current in game 23mm systems

37 mm automatic air defense gun M1939 (61-K)

57 mm AZP S-60

85 mm air defense gun M1939 (52-К)

100 mm air defense gun KS-19

I recently visitied the B-52 victory museum in Hanoi (highly recommended for any Linebacker II enthusiasts) and snapped the attached photos of these very systems lined up.

For someone without a coding bone in his body, I would be appreciative of any insight into how realistic a project like this might be. While I couldn't do the work myself, I would be more than happy to investigate funding perhaps a single system if it was not a laborious project (again, I have no idea!).

I know Beczl attempted to build some AAA systems before *that* issue occurred, but otherwise I haven't found anything out there.

Anyway, just my two cents worth! :) Happy to hear from the experts on how feasible this is, and thoughts on how it might (or might not) improve the game.

IMG_1712.JPG.689a5671bc25a41baa3594df5871248b.JPG

Flying low is deadly enough. Especially with every BMP machine gunner with an Olympic Gold medal in shooting and nerves of steel to fire accurately under fire. I would be for more variety if the AI missed more. It seems like anything under 2000m and you get picked apart by ground MGs.