X52 Pro no longer takes profile after updating drivers/sw

I forget what version I was running before but I upgraded to the latest drivers on the Saitek site which brings me to 7.0.39.0 for both the software and the driver. The joystick still functions as far as the control panel is concerned but now when I assign a profile to the joytick it no longer functions like a keyboard. Does anyone know how to restore this functionality?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I forget what version I was running before but I upgraded to the latest drivers on the Saitek site which brings me to 7.0.39.0 for both the software and the driver. The joystick still functions as far as the control panel is concerned but now when I assign a profile to the joytick it no longer functions like a keyboard. Does anyone know how to restore this functionality?

Had same issue with update to windows 8.1, the hardware drivers are fine v7.0.39.0, but the sst drivers v7.0.39.0 are not digitally signed so windows will not install the required drivers properly for SST only.

I removed the SST v7.0.39.0 and downloaded and installed the older SST v7.0.27.0 and that works as advertised, this was listed under the combat rudder pedals sst software section on website.

Regards, Ian.

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Had same issue with update to windows 8.1, the hardware drivers are fine v7.0.39.0, but the sst drivers v7.0.39.0 are not digitally signed so windows will not install the required drivers properly for SST only.

I removed the SST v7.0.39.0 and downloaded and installed the older SST v7.0.27.0 and that works as advertised, this was listed under the combat rudder pedals sst software section on website.

Regards, Ian.

Thanks for your reply Ian! How did you uninstall the SST software? I could not find an uninstaller anywhere.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I've got it!. :)

I found the Smart Technology Programming Software and in fact I had both 7.0.39.0 and 7.0.27.13 installed at the same time! I uninstalled both then took a look into my device manager and under the Saitek Magic Bus heading I have a number of warnings. When I check the version of everything in there I discover that the Hotkeys, Keyboard, and Mouse are all using the 7.0.39.0 drivers!! So I uninstalled everything there as well.

I then proceeded to re-installed both the 7.0.39.0 drivers followed by the 7.0.27.13 SST software (which I found exactly where you said I could find it). Everything is now functioning as it should.

Thanks very much for your help with this!

Edited by Maulkin

--Maulkin