Protection SYS Frontline

About every two weeks I get this (FRONTLINE) pop up when I try to go in LOCK-ON. It tells me that my activation key has expired and to insert disk and run appilication again.

If this persist press (information) to contact customer support.

Well after clicking on Information the darn think started collecting my computer information and that made me leary of the intent and necessity because of what I was seeing on my display screen.

? Is there another way to be able to fly the sim without having to share my intire computer info, or inserting the disk ever time.

You haven't applied a download version patch over your disk install by mistake have you ?

one a week (?) I get a (starforce) message asking for the disk to be inserted, but nothing from 'Frontline' as such.

As far as intent goes - if you're clicking a customer support link I guess computer info is a valid question for software support to ask... (first question everyone here asks).

If it were gathering it on its own & contacting a site without notifying you I'd be more worried.

• Like 1

Cheers.

You haven't applied a download version patch over your disk install by mistake have you ?

one a week (?) I get a (starforce) message asking for the disk to be inserted, but nothing from 'Frontline' as such.

As far as intent goes - if you're clicking a customer support link I guess computer info is a valid question for software support to ask... (first question everyone here asks).

If it were gathering it on its own & contacting a site without notifying you I'd be more worried.

Yes I have patched 1.12a over it. So does that mean I will be required to

install the disk evey time.

. . . . . sounds like it's running properly.

If you haven't inserted the disc for a couple of weeks, Starforce WILL ask you to to make sure you own a legal copy. You can run FC without the disk except the times it wants to check.

Collecting information just sounds like a customer support thing . . . .

And no, you can't get away from having the CD checked every now and again. Unless you want to buy a download version. Shrug.

"Yes I have patched 1.12a over it. So does that mean I will be required to

install the disk evey time."

No - what I meant was there are separate versions of the patches for 'disk' & 'download' versions of FC. with the 'download' version you never need the disk, but need up to date activation keys, with the 'disk' version (since 1.12) you only need to insert the disk once a week for SF to check that you have a valid disk (&don't need activation keys). The fact that since patching you've been asked for an up to date key made me think maybe you'd used the wrong version of the patch ( but I guess if it actually runs it's probably something else).

Cheers.