Multiplayer Missions not working.

Highlander

I built a test "Player" mission, works fine, all triggers worked in the ME when tested. Tried it via the "Missions" button and it worked fine that way.

So I changed the single F-15C from "Player" to "Client" tested it in the ME and all triggers worked.

I then hosted a Multiplayer server with my PC and the mission worked first try. I then moved the mission to the server. Can load in and fly but the triggers will not work.

I then used winmerge and compared the mission files from the server and from my PC they were all the same.

Any ideal why the mission will work on my pc but when moved to the server it will not work?

Have attached the miz files for both missions.

I also compared the "mission" file from the player version and client version of the mission. Was a lot of changes from player to client for one air frame. Not sure if that's normal or not.

sam_test_player.miz

sam_test_client.miz

My best guess is its related to "part of group in/out of zone" conditions not working as expected in a host/client session. Stuff like this has happened in the past. Could try "unit in/out of zone" for each client and it should work as an alternative. I'm gonna have to test this out.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I changed the triggers to "Unit" inside and outside zones and the mission worked just fine on the server.

So, what I just tested with the above "Client" mission was on my pc as multiplayer host triggers set with group and part of group and it worked but, did not work on "server".

Changed the "Part of Group" to "Unit" and it worked on the "server".

I would say your guess is correct Grimes. Thanks for the info.

Hope this will be fixed when 2.0 rolls out.