thrustmaster Flight Hotas X joystick

Few things you can do.

First is IMHO the best but involves hardware, & that's get an extension, I have a 100mm and it makes a real difference by increasing the available throw & at the same time reducing the stick pressure

Depending on the age another thing worth doing even on relatively new sticks, say anything over a year old is the greasing mod. The original grease is quite viscous and sticky. Replacing with an alternate really smoothes the stick.

An excellent video on dis & re-assembly here

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOOoPdmRl8&spfreload=10[/ame]

I could not get that grease and used Tamiya grease like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001Q1AW64?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Worked a treat my Hog was less than a year old and it still made a big difference.

Next we get to software in Target or in the game you can adjust Joystick sensitivity. In Target or in the game you can use curves to adjust the sensitivity so that its less sensitive either nearer the edges or in the center. However that does mean it is more sensitive at other portions of the stick travel.

Finally you can reduce the sensitivity overall by reducing the Y axis input, the downside is you do not get the full throw or travel of the stick.

When you look at the curves in axes tune you are wanting the curve to be flatter, the flatter (horizontal), the less response; the steeper (vertical), the more sensitive it becomes.

Finally some find deadzones help especially in the center, be aware though that the more deadzone you have the more sensitive you make the stick outwith the deadzone.

He's not got the hog he's got the flight x! The only thing I have been able to do with mine is mess with the tension and edit the curves for each axis for each plane. I've gone with a curve of about 15 for most, seems to cut down the dead zone twitchyness for me :-)

He's not got the hog he's got the flight x! The only thing I have been able to do with mine is mess with the tension and edit the curves for each axis for each plane. I've gone with a curve of about 15 for most, seems to cut down the dead zone twitchyness for me :-)

Ooops Mea Culpa :poster_oops:

Apologies

NOTE TO SELF

READ THE WHOLE POST SLOWLY DUMBASS