Ability to set roll rate in aerobatics

atsmith6

Hi All

For context the following was observed in the L-39C. I've not tried other aircraft.

I've just started playing with the AI aerobatics so if I'm missing something please feel free to correct me.

At the moment, I create a short aerobatic routine that consists of

1. Fly straight 5 seconds

2. Turn Left 90 degrees with 30 degrees bank

3. Fly straight 5 seconds

4. Turn Left 90 degrees with 30 degrees bank

5. Fly straight 5 seconds

6. Turn Left 90 degrees with 30 degrees bank

7. Fly straight 5 seconds

8. Turn Left 90 degrees with 30 degrees bank

The idea is to create a long string of these turning left and right in order to create a mission where basic close formation can be practiced, and then add additional maneuvers in later missions gradually progressing to in-formation heavy aerobatics.

The problem is this: When the AI lead plane rolls from straight and level into it's 30 degree bank it does it very very quickly, like it still thinks it's in combat. This has the obvious effect of making staying in position next to impossible. For context I'm quite comfortable in close formation with a human lead pilot. When AC are in close formation the lead pilot should perform slow smooth rolls and pitches in order to give his wing-men time to react and a margin of safety.

So here's my item for the wish list:

Would it be possible to set the roll rate used by the AI in the turn when performing aerobatics?

An additional very nice to have would be to be able to set the roll rate used by a flight at all times except when in combat. By slowing down the roll rate during normal non-combat maneuvers will allow pilots to fly all over the show tucked in nice and close to an AI lead pilot and open up the possibility of hundreds of hours of close formation practice when none of your buddies are online.

Thanks for taking the time to read this