ILS/APP

Doum76

Greetings guys,

Is there a bug known or somethinf with APP/ILS? I do most i can find on the forums or youtube and i can't get the ILS going, nothing appears on the HUD, when i push APP nothing happens, the HUD infos should be droping from top to center, and nothing move. IM trying to land at McCarran, rny 25, ILS 111,75, turn knob on the M is i remember, well the right letter, i even made the waypoint landing in the ME, i select it on the INS panel with the INS DEST, on the HSI with the ltitle knob, i select the NAV option, behind the needles, on the ALIGN panel, i turn the knob to NAV, on the volume panel, i turn the ILS volume and i can hear the morse code... what else i'm missing so it work? :) I've tried most all combination of the A or M option on the ILS knob, on the HSI, i tried all the options (NAV, TAC etc...)

APP on and off...

Thanks.

hi Doum76,

did you lower the landing gear? (silly question but the only thing i cant see in your post) ILS Hud mode only appears when the gear is down and APP selected as far as i know

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

hi Doum76,

did you lower the landing gear? (silly question but the only thing i cant see in your post) ILS Hud mode only appears when the gear is down and APP selected as far as i know

Omg.... Can i be that stupid and forgot about details.... Might be it... Usualy on other aircraft it appears even when not dirty up... It can be it! I'll check if it does the deed.., and never laid attention in videos if gears were down or not from people.

Hm just tried it, no need for the gear to be down. I just put in 111,75 and pressed APP => voilà.

Could you post a track so we can see if you're doing something wrong?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I just tried, as soon as i reached 250 ias amd lowered gears,presses APP and ils came up on HUD. Though i made something diff, i used an airborn mirage to save up time this morning... Will try later from cold start as i usualy tried, to see if i might be the cause at start up. If not working ill post track or video since in track replay some swtich position doens't follow states.

I just tried, as soon as i reached 250 ias amd lowered gears,presses APP and ils came up on HUD. Though i made something diff, i used an airborn mirage to save up time this morning... Will try later from cold start as i usualy tried, to see if i might be the cause at start up. If not working ill post track or video since in track replay some swtich position doens't follow states.

Track is better, for the switches states it should work OK if you start your replay with a restarted DCS.

hmm, maybe you mean the synthetic rwy? i also just tried it and i have the ils also with gear up . but hud mode and synthetic rwy only with gear down...

Hmm I don't know, I don't need gear down for synth runway either. Just be in range and it works fine...

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Hmm I don't know, I don't need gear down for synth runway either. Just be in range and it works fine...

are you tring in 2.0? mabe this was fixed recently. In previus version it was like this also in the official Razbam video Synthrwy pops in as soon as the gear get lowered.

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

are you tring in 2.0?

Yes.

Ah! You probably have your HUD in test mode. That's why you don't get all the symbology. When you turn on HUD, click the HUD power switch only once, not twice and it should show you ILS info.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

Yes.

Ah! You probably have your HUD in test mode. That's why you don't get all the symbology. When you turn on HUD, click the HUD power switch only once, not twice and it should show you ILS info.

Could had been the case Spiddx, but since i also tried as mentioned, airborne already, i presume the systems are all on as required from the Sim programmed, which would make the HUD on with the switch in the proper position.

Anyways guys, i made 2 tests, first was, trying out a mission in 1.5, did all the start-up procedures, took off from Senaki and landed at Kutaisi, and no problems, ILS stuff came out on HUD as soon as i hit the APP button, without the gear down, so i guess i did all my start up procedures properly since my problem occurs only in 2.0, the thing it, when you read the manual at page 76, in the landing check list, the gear down comes before going into APP mode, so, the question is, is it modeled like the real stuff, ass someone mentiones eralier on my post, that gear must be down and 2.0 would be the real stuff and 1.5 having the bug, not sure.

In anyways, i came out with a workaround for the 2.0 problem, since, like i mentioned, for some reason, you need to push the APP button with gear down to kinda trigger the ILS on HUD stuff, once done first, you can after get the ILS stuff with or without gear down or not, so what i do to simply go around the problem is, just after my start up procedurea, just before taxing to the runway, i simply push the APP mode to triger it, then go out of APP, and resume my taxing, and it does work, when i'm airborne and i push the APP button, i do now get the ILS Stuff on HUD.

Edited by Doum76