Request: 926th Fighter Wing

Perriwen

I've been hoping for some skins of the former New Orleans unit, yet, it seems to be the only A-10 unit I can think of that hasn't been skinned into DCS World. Any takers, hopefully? Here's a couple references...

Grey scheme they wore up until unit was disbanded: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VGm_KikuffQ/SPrs5HrSntI/AAAAAAAAAHg/eb-EzGik4PI/s1600-h/020627_01.jpg

Desert Storm scheme (including the aircraft that made it back with severe battle damage): http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/841/pics/3_28.jpg

http://www.2951clss-gulfwar.com/photo_gallery/var/albums/A-10-Nost-Art/770205.jpg

Edited by Perriwen

Technically they are skinned with the Barksdale skin, since their birds were split between them and Whiteman. I do miss working the Cajuns.

Well, not the ones I am thinking of. The New Orleans ones had the NO tailcodes with the 'Cajuns' and fleur-de-lis on them, while Barksdale ones have the BD tailcode with the 'hog mouths', no?

I know, I used to work them when I was an AC at NAS New Orleans.

Growing up, I lived in Slidell to the north of NAS New Orleans. Every so often, some of the A-10s would come low over the town, I presume doing low level training heading towards Mississippi. Good memories...always knew it was an A-10 coming over by the sound of that whistle. Probably saw a plane you worked on now and then!

My favorite memory from them were the post-maintenance flights, where they would fly to about a mile short of the runway at 10,000ish then dive for the deck, pulling out at 100 or so feet screaming down the runway then climbing back into the downwind. Freaked me out the first few times I saw it.

When I get a chance I will do a 2000 era 926th bird.

My favorite memory from them were the post-maintenance flights, where they would fly to about a mile short of the runway at 10,000ish then dive for the deck, pulling out at 100 or so feet screaming down the runway then climbing back into the downwind. Freaked me out the first few times I saw it.

When I get a chance I will do a 2000 era 926th bird.

Hah, that kind of reminds me of the Slidell Air Show back in 2005. Couple A-10s from New Orleans were there to do a flyby..but, arrived before they were cleared in. So, they spent about ten minutes orbiting the air field and weaving about, then suddenly dove down and made a tight formation pass down the runway as soon as the airboss gave them the go ahead, followed by a sharp break that had them skimming the treeline. Definitely got the heart racing!

I do appreciate it!

• 4 months later...

To The pic of Capt Swains Hog, He is the pilot that has an A/A kill in DS, I built his Helmet.

I was in the 47TH TFS at Barksdale, a few of us went down to Belle Chasse to help them pack for War in the Desert Storm. Back then it was Desert Shield.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...