Radar Lock Up Problems

LtMacGowan

I'm flying the 7th mission of the Bear Trap campaign. the enemy is at 12,000ft I'm flying around 25-30,000ft and as i get closer 120 miles, 80 miles, 30 miles i switch my radar closer and use the TDC to scroll down so the range scale on the left reads 0 to whatever but im not picking them up until they are within visual range like 10 miles out

am I doing something wrong? should i be flying map of the earth and blend into the terrain clutter of the enemy radar and hilight the russians at 12,000 in the sky for better lock on range?

I just can't get past this mission. Please help.

the range scale on the left is not range it's altitude. I.e. your radar is pointed straight down.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Well, best thing to consider is you cannot see a fast mover much further then 50-55nm. Also you want to be in High PRF when looking that far out. I generaly leave my TDC in the center and range set to 80nm when doing long searches. I also will manualy move the scan elevations. Once a target pops onto radar I will move the tdc to over that target and as It gets closer I keep the tdc on it once it gets to around 35nm I switch down to 40nm scan [with out locking it up] Once you are sub 25-20nm I switch from High PRF to MED PRF and then in to full time TWS.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.