Oculus CV 1 first impressions/gameplay/bugs

bmezz

I got my CV1 this week and I can say without a doubt it is absolutely amazing! The HUD is much clearer now and there is zero lag or stuttering anymore.

the resolution has a long, long way to go---and I know that will take a few years to get there---but the 'screen door' effect is greatly diminished and its just much easier to see overall.

One issue I'm having at the moment though is that sometimes the view will just start randomly start changing---and for this there is no cure (no Num 5 will stop it) I have to completely reboot the computer and start over. Once it starts happening it also happens in the Oculus home page---so maybe its an Oculus and sensor issue.

Overall the CV1 takes what was pretty decent about the DK2 and improves on it immensely.

I am luck and happy to be in the VR world---there is no going back now--this is what flight simmers have been waiting for since the days of Jane's USNF 97'.

on a side note--Elite Dangerous looks ridiculous on the CV1!!!---doing a planetary approach and landing will blow your mind (Horizons)

-snippage-

I am luck and happy to be in the VR world---there is no going back now--this is what flight simmers have been waiting for since the days of Jane's USNF 97'.

ahem...since the days of Falcon 3.0, you mean! :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

One issue I'm having at the moment though is that sometimes the view will just start randomly start changing---and for this there is no cure (no Num 5 will stop it) I have to completely reboot the computer and start over. Once it starts happening it also happens in the Oculus home page---so maybe its an Oculus and sensor issue.

Maybe you have some trouble with light from the sides or from behind? I notice this with my TrackIR and have to dim the lights during use.

But i have no idea if this could be an issue for the Rift.

Edited by Quantenpresbyterianer

Win10, i5 3570K@4GHz, OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX 980, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, TrackIR5

Although, even with DK2, I *never* had tracking problems. And my HMD faced a window. But simple enough to test out, I suppose.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yeah---its definitely a DCS thing. I played Elite for about 2 hours tonight and had no problems---It's happening in World and Nevada so I am hoping they will address it soon. this is something that could get pretty annoying in a bout a month.