What is "Toggle Console" for Su-27 in FC3

DieHard

I searched the Su-27 forums here. Cannot find anything to explain what this does. Is in FC3 1.5 Open Beta and Final Release versions; 2.0 ; and is in my 1.2.16 archive.

Action / "Toggle Console"

Category / Debug

Keyboard / LAlt + ` (tilde)

Thanks for any help

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I searched the Su-27 forums here. Cannot find anything to explain what this does. Is in FC3 1.5 Open Beta and Final Release versions; 2.0 ; and is in my 1.2.16 archive.

Action / "Toggle Console"

Category / Debug

Keyboard / LAlt + ` (tilde)

Thanks for any help

Didn't do anything for me in a release version of 1.5, but I assume that in the developer's versions alpha/beta it opens up a text console window for debugging while the program is running so you can see the result of changes and/or control settings as you try to duplicate a bug reported by testers.

You'd typically use it to type code or commands in if you were testing.

Say for example you wanted to test a Level of Detail function.

Instead of having a model at a fixed point and flying or using camera commands in the normal interface to see if the different meshes are being switched properly, you'd have a console window open and input something like

let TestObject1.LOD = veryfar

let TestObject1.LOD = far

let TestObject1.LOD = med

let TestObject1.LOD = near

to run through all your level of detail settings.

That's not actual code, but it's the sort of thing that you'd use a console window for.

Think command line computing in general, DOS, Unix, late 1970's computing in general (but without the reel to reel tape drives or punch cards).

If you ever make your own 3rd party module for DCS you'll probably get to know and love/hate the console, but otherwise it's not something you'll ever really need.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Thanks for the reply.

I've learned quite a bit concerning PC gaming via DCS since 2011. My PC geek "friends" are you guys via forums, I'm a bit of a loner type of guy. My extent concerning electronics was building an analog radio in 8th Grade in 1965.

Just discovered this thing:

[ame]http://www.joysticks.ru/download/files/MJoy16-C1_Users_Manual_v1.pdf[/ame]

Think I will build something...

Take care

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the reply.

I've learned quite a bit concerning PC gaming via DCS since 2011. My PC geek "friends" are you guys via forums, I'm a bit of a loner type of guy. My extent concerning electronics was building an analog radio in 8th Grade in 1965.

Just discovered this thing:

http://www.joysticks.ru/download/files/MJoy16-C1_Users_Manual_v1.pdf

Think I will build something...

Take care

only 10-bit resolution on the analogue axiis??

only 10-bit resolution on the analogue axiis??

Might be OK for something like a trim knob or radar scan adjuster.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.