Hd Help To Change Huey's Ins/Panel Color

SKYFOXX

Can someone please tell me where I can get a file or something that will change the color of my Huey's Instrument Panel? The Huey that I now have is the standard dark green color that came with the original mod. I tried to change it to turquoise with a DCS User File download but there was no color change to the Instrument Panel. I have a hard time seeing the gauges without using the zoom. I have watched many Huey YouTube tutorials and see gray or blue color panels but don't know how to get one on my Huey. I'd just like the panel color change but if i have to get another custom Huey model or skin that's also ok. Please Help....

P.s. If there is a Huey with the lighter color instrument panel already installed with the basic or stock Huey module, (I mean if there are other Huey's in the module) please let me know where I can find it with the Mission Editor.

SKYFOXX

There are two standard panels that come with the Huey, Black or Grey. The decision as to which panel color is used is based on which one is called for in a Livery description lua.

The following are the default liveries that have the grey panel...

Australia RAAF 171 Sqn, Australia Royal Navy, Georgian Air Force, Greek Army Aviation, Greek Army Aviation Medic, Hellenic Airforce SAR, Israel Army, Luftwaffe, Royal Netherlands AF, Spanish Army, Turkish Air Force, Ukrainian Army, US ARMY 1972, USA Red Flag and XW-PFJ Air America.

- Open the Mission Editor.

- On the left side of the editor about half way down, left click on the icon that looks like a helicopter.

A panel will open on the right. look across from where it says Type, and click on the selection bar. scroll down to Uh-1h and click on it.

- click on any airport to place the huey.

(you'll notice that the bottom of the panel on the right now has more info) this is where you choose how you want the huey set up. But before messing with that, go back to the top of the panel and click on the skill selection bar and choose 'Player' (this will put you in the cockpit when you start the mission.)

At the lower part of the panel, you'll see another 'Type' selection bar. (this is how you want to start...choices 1,2 & 6 start in the air, the others start on the ground.)

If you look at the top of the lower section, you'll see a line of 5 tabs. Click on the second one. This is the loadout section. Above the picture at the bottom you'll see 'Paint Scheme', this is where you choose which livery you want. Just pick one I listed above, and you will have the grey panel when you start the mission.

Thank's DeJohn, I'm very glade to get a reply to this thread. I got some help selecting skins two days ago and managed to change the basic Huey skin to the 'Huey Uncle Sam' skin and I noticed that the cockpit control panel was lighter. I was not sure if it was included with the 'turquoise cockpit skin' or was it a part of the 'Huey Uncle Sam' skin download. I'm sorry that i missed replying to Your answer sooner. I will follow Your instructions tonight.

P.s, Is there a limit on the number of skins one can have installed for s specific aircraft or can install as many skins as one wishes?

P.s, Is there a limit on the number of skins one can have installed for s specific aircraft or can install as many skins as one wishes?

No there is no limit to the number of skins you can have.

FYI; I put my extra skins in a folder in my saved games folder. This makes sure that a DCS Update doesn't mistake them for not being part of the game and remove them. This folder can be found in your user folder..

C:\Users\UserName\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\uh-1h

If you don't have \Liveries\uh-1h just create it and place your skin folders in there