In-game tutorials?

captainkoloth

I got the basic DCS World with the SU-25 module and have been enjoying it immensely. As I have fairly minimal time to put into games these days I've been thinking of getting FC3 as the really detailed sims at this point I won't be able to invest enough time in to learn well. My question is this: Does FC3 come with in-game tutorials as detailed as those for the SU-25? I know there's a zillion youtube ones and so forth, but given that I play in VR the in-game ones are a lot more fun and useful (taking the visor on and off to check an ipad really kills the immersion and makes it fairly difficult).

The only FC3 aircraft that have interactive training modules are the Su-25T and the Su-27, though some of the training missions for the Su-27 can be applied to other Russian aircraft, e.g. the SPO-15 training mission.

There are also purchasable training mini-campaigns for some DCS aircraft. The Su-27 is one, not sure if there's one for the F-15C.

There are also community-created training missions in the user files section of the DCS web site:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Are the community training missions narrated in-game like the default Su-25 ones are?

Most don't have any commentary. Maybe training missions is the wrong description. Practice missions would be a better description, but most are still very valuable tools for skill improvement.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

So to be clear then FC3 doesn't actually come with any training missions?

It does, but only for the Su-25T and the Su-27.