PK-3 Gunpods

Yuya6104

• 2 weeks later...

The change will likely come either with 2.5 or then when the next major upgrade comes to Combined Arms by adding overhauled damage modeling for ground vehicles (tires, tracks, turrets, engines, individual crew members). Or so I hope.

Then it would be something to use any weapon against ground targets when you could damage them or detrack etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

How come the PK-3 Gunpods are unable to kill Lightly Armored cars and Unarmored cars?

And Thin skin tanks like arty and M113 APC's ??

If you are expecting to destroy lightly armored targets like (apcs and so on) you can forget it. 7.62 will do you no good here. 12.7 will even have problems. So no. It`s also nothing wrong with it taking quite a few bullets to hit destroy unarmored trucks as well, you need quite a few 7.62 bullets to "destroy" (whatever that implies, certainly not complete annihilation) such target. Seems nothing is wrongfully modelled to me.

This is not a game but a simulator, as in real life, although nice in concept, such gunpods (of low calibre) just never proved useful on aircraft.

As for damage modelling itself, that is something that might be improved (for ground vehicles as well as AI controlled units in future) but so far it is what it is.

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]