Tooltips box size.

Buznee

Is there a way to shrink the size of the tool tips box for VR? It is way larger than it needs to be for the amount of text shown inside and it block quite a bit of the view of the rest of the instrument panel when you are hovering the mouse over items.

I'd love this and have also made this suggestion. The tooltip box size should be sized dynamically based on the amount of text it is to display. It would be good to be able to change the color to something like bright green to see it better.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• 4 weeks later...

slight necro but i've come up with a tolerable solution in the meantime until its properly fixed.

edt

vrtooltip.lua in the dcsworld\scripts\ui folder

change the text size at line 71 to 20 or so. better readability if you are going to use them or set it to like 1 if not.

starting at line 49 change the "bkg" colour settings to (best i've found so far)

["a"] = .3,

["b"] = 1,

["g"] = 1,

["r"] = 1,

makes the box darker shade but more transparent, can pretty much see through it.

slight necro but i've come up with a tolerable solution in the meantime until its properly fixed.

edt

vrtooltip.lua in the dcsworld\scripts\ui folder

change the text size at line 71 to 20 or so. better readability if you are going to use them or set it to like 1 if not.

starting at line 49 change the "bkg" colour settings to (best i've found so far)

["a"] = .3,

["b"] = 1,

["g"] = 1,

["r"] = 1,

makes the box darker shade but more transparent, can pretty much see through it.

The correct file to edit is "vrtooltip.DLG" - I made a few tweaks. Thanks for leading the way :thumbup:

I find setting line 71 to "30" makes the text nice and readable for me.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

I set ["a"] = to .3 and left it at that. I didn't see any difference, but that's ok. The ability to change the text size, however, is huge!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare