Why flight tech. wont adjust heading channel?

sissypilot

This is the most annoying. While flight tech. adjust pitch and bank channel so it prevents from reaching full authority he does not care about heading channel. Why is that?

Heading channel act funny anyway it is unusable.

I work around the faulty flight tech and heading channel with the pedals: when I see that AP is nearing authority I apply pedal to the direction AP compensates and trim,helo wont turn but channel goes to neutral. Basically I do (adjust heading channel with pedals and trim) what the tech. supposed to do. It is annoying to say the least. Also noticed that the more the headin channel is out the more you have to apply pedals to make change in headings (AP switches off). Which isalso annoying and dangerous in real lifethe moment you touch pead the AP disengages regardless to the ammount of correction it applies.

Otherwise mi-8 is awesome... just pleasemake tech. adjust heading also

It's by design. The way the adjustment process works is the crew chief slowly adjusts the pitch/roll channel while the pilot compensates with the cyclic and then trims the aircraft. You can't do that with the heading channel because as soon as you put your feet on the microswitches on the pedals (IRL, in game as soon as you move the Z axis from the center position) the heading channel is disconnected.

Perhaps. IRL there are microswitches on the pedals that turn off the heading channel, our pedals don't have them and depend on offset from the trimmed position instead, so it'll always feel different. While I haven't noticed what you're reporting (perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the heading channel starts trimming your rudder once it reaches the limit, unlike the other channels), I found that the heading channel was getting in my way rather than helping if I followed the "keep it always on" doctrine popular with some users. I prefer to follow the Russian way outlined in the manual to only engage it when I actually want to hold a specific heading.

Edited by lmp