D-Link

MaxRiga

hi

does anybody has D-Link router there ? i have pain in my neck with managing it. i mean i made the settings as support says ( opening ports and stuff )

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1339

( port 10308, opened BOTH ( udp and tcp ))

but i still can't host lock on game ( i'm hosting other games without any problems ). any ideas why it's happaning with me?

p.s. ports are opened as on my router as in my computer firewall

... lai dzivo Latvija!

Did you set up port forwarding in your router setup to point to your PC's IP address?

i was trying everuthing what was on example ( see my link in my first post )

Unfortunately, I have no input here except to advise you to ditch the D-Link and go with Linksys.

ye, now i "feel the diference"

... lai dzivo Latvija!

i was trying everuthing what was on example ( see my link in my first post )

The problem with the d-link web link is that it tell me nothing about your make and model and is very genral

..the second quote:

didn't come from me..... .. (I use NetGear FVS318 )

Most D-Link routers work just fine, and will work in your setup..(I have done so multiple times)...

what is your exact model number?

Thanks,

Brett

Guest IguanaKing

Yup, that was most-definitely me in that second quote. I'm definitely biased. I assume, possibly incorrectly, that all network troubleshooting steps have already been taken by Max...and that's only from what he has posted thus far. ;)

Motorola cable modem? Failed after only 3 months. D-Link self-powered USB HUB? NEVER worked right, and I was almost convinced it was XP and LOMAC causing all of my USB problems. Linksys cable modem, VOIP router, and self-powered USB hub? Sure, they were all pricey, but its worth it when you have devices that are as dependable as a light switch in your home...no need to even THINK about how to troubleshoot them...they just do their job. :D

Most D-Link routers work just fine, and will work in your setup..(I have done so multiple times)...

what is your exact model number?

model - di-604

plz, look what could be wrong in my settings

i'm attachung screens taken in my pc

1bu3.th.jpg

2vr2.th.jpg

3lp1.th.jpg

4he7.th.jpg

plz, make screen of ur settings if i did something wrong or i need to add anything else

thank you

... lai dzivo Latvija!

Max,

I have a D-link and had the same problem. I solved it by opening up my gaming PC in the DMZ. It's simple to do actually. Know what your internal IP is (look under DHCP under Home tab). It should be something like 192.168.0.101 or 192.168.0.102, etc. depending upon how many computers you have behind the router. Go to the Adanced tab and click on the DMZ button. Enter your internal IP, click the enable button and then hit apply. Hope this helps.

Max,

I have a D-link and had the same problem. I solved it by opening up my gaming PC in the DMZ. It's simple to do actually. Know what your internal IP is (look under DHCP under Home tab). It should be something like 192.168.0.101 or 192.168.0.102, etc. depending upon how many computers you have behind the router. Go to the Adanced tab and click on the DMZ button. Enter your internal IP, click the enable button and then hit apply. Hope this helps.

i have been already opening DMZ but for 192.168.0.100 ( even the game says i have this ip on my pc ). i will try with 101 at the end but u know, i would prefer to keep DMZ closed :)

... lai dzivo Latvija!

I might have the answer to your problem. I have the same issue with other d-lionk routers models.

In your sceenshoots I can see that when opening the ports, you specied in the protocol section "both". Usually this would mean "any" or at least "tcp/UDP

Well, try this: Do exactly the same, but this time, intead of createing 1 single rule, create 2 rules: 1 of them opening the lockon port to the tcp protocol, and another rule opening the lockon port to UDP protocol.

I don´t know why, but I have seen many many routers that seems to fail opening ports when you don´t specify each protocol in a direct way.

Also, Im seeing in other of your screenshots, a rule in your firewall configuration, where it says (in plain english) to deny conection from the wan to the lan. remove this rule from your firewall. In fact, you actually don´t need the rest of the rules, you can safely remove the whole firewall. (in other config section, diseable int access to gui configuration page from the wan, disable the access to telnet and FTP port of the router in case your model has them)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a D-Link too, but it's an older model.

Everything is ok with hosting games here.

You'll have to do port redirection to your PC's LAN address, open those ports in the router's firewall (if you have it enabled) and if you have a firewall on your PC, you'll have to open the ports there too.

God forgives... Spyros doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...

Stupid question, is your windows firewall up? If so it may be the reason as it is stopping it on your pc and it does not care what your router is set at. Just a thought.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.