Monitoring the RPM (L/H), weird cockpit values

Redglyph

I'm trying to use a cockpit argument condition to check the pilot applies the correct engine power during different phases of the flight. Usually the relevant values are RPM1, but it seems they are not straightforward.

I've sampled a few values for the cockpit arguments 50 (RPM1 - low) and 670 (RPM2 - high) in DCS 2.0.5.1648.165. The values for RPM2 match pretty well what I see on the gauge, but RPM1 is completely off.

Normally, the argument value is the RPM in % divided by 1.1, so arg(0%) is 0.0, and arg(110%) is 1.0, this can be found in the mainpanel_init.lua as usual.

The table below shows the RPM gauge values for cockpit argument 50 at 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8, then the same for cockpit argument 670. Obviously the green values are pretty close of the % equivalents of 0.2, 0.4, ... but not the red values. Of course I could simply get key values from this weird curve, but I'm not sure it's reliable, really. I have the impression this argument gives a completely different parameter.

Am I missing something? :unsure:

Also, it's impossible to get the position of the throttle, which doesn't help, but I can make do without, so no big deal.

RPM_50_670.png.638d9d990f64861043fb09f3a74eeb21.png

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR