FPS locked in 1.5 and 2.0?!

Hello,

I have a strange problem and can´t get rid of it. As it is in both, 1.5 and 2.0 I believe I´m not wrong here, otherwise please shift it to where you believe it is better placed.

I drive DCS at 3 27" displays at 75Hz and a resolution of 7680x1440. Additionally I have 2 small 8" displays (59Hz) for the MFCDs make a total resolution of 8960x1440. I never had issues with FPS (in Nevade between 50-70) but now I´m stuck at 25. In the menu I get 48 where I always had 180 (FPS limit). I installed the Windows 10 Creators Update as well as a new NVidia driver, so here I have major focus on to be guilty.

What I did already is:

- delete savegame folder

- switch all DVR stuff of in the new Game Mode

- checked the full screen optimization point in compatibility mode settings of the DCS.exe

- installed new drivers (Intel graphics and mainboard, Nvidia)

- checked the setting in Nvidia control for Vsync stuff (off, game controlled)

- read nearly the entire internet for solutions - Let it run in windowed mode (1024x768) at the lowest settings with 132 FPS, but locked again.

- Mirror on or off makes no difference in FPS

Independend what I do there seem to be a vsync lock anywhere where I can´t find it. It works in steps and I haven´t even figured out what these steps are. I believe it is 25, 48, 64, 132 from what I´ve seen. I´m out of ideas and hopefully there are people out there with similar problems and hopefully some new ideas.

Thanks and have a great night,

Xoxen (Roland)

EDIT:

Uninstalled Windows 10 Creators Update and et voila, my FPS are back where they should be. I fear the time where I have no choice anymore to do the update. But for now I´m fine. I hope this hepls the one or the other over here.

Take care,

Xoxen

Edited by xoxen
Cause found!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Could you please add [solved] to the topic.

Thanks,

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

the problem went back even thoug I haven´t installed the Creators Update. Therefore I need to recall my conclusion. Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) did the trick by uninstalling all graphic drivers and do a fresh installation. Problem fixed.

Excuse me for blaming Microsoft.

Xoxen

Edit: After hours I spent getting rid of this problem I did a fresh Windows install but also this failed. I guess in a new driver (Nvidia, Intel) or Windows itself something has changed causing this problem. Finally I switched off the integrated HD 4600 and bought a GTX 1030 taking over this job. It worked and now everything is great again. Two Nvidia cards seem to be more trouble free than mixing Nvidia/Intel.

Edited by xoxen