DCS World Complete Uninstall?

TynMahn

I can NOT seem to get my Steam version of DCS world to start.

I've tried many different things to no avail up to and including uninstall/reinstall.

I have a feeling that something, a registry key, a config file somewhere, or something else is remaining behind during the uninstall and it is messed up so the game will not launch.

If someone could outlay where all the files are and registry keys that are associated with DCS World so I can make sure that they are all gone before I attempt to reinstall, that would be helpful in this extremely frustrating and maddening ordeal.

Thanks

Same problem only I don't have the steam version. I uninstalled both alpha and Beta versions then downloaded and installed 2.5 open beta, click on the icon and nothing, trying to find the post about repairing the installation

Win 10 PRO 64bit

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

32GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3 1866@1600mhz

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

Trakir5 W/Pro clip :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can NOT seem to get my Steam version of DCS world to start.

I've tried many different things to no avail up to and including uninstall/reinstall.

I have a feeling that something, a registry key, a config file somewhere, or something else is remaining behind during the uninstall and it is messed up so the game will not launch.

If someone could outlay where all the files are and registry keys that are associated with DCS World so I can make sure that they are all gone before I attempt to reinstall, that would be helpful in this extremely frustrating and maddening ordeal.

Thanks

Try running the repair script it worked for me

Win 10 PRO 64bit

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

32GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3 1866@1600mhz

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

Trakir5 W/Pro clip :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think, or know if the repair script will work on a steam install.

I DID get it to launch when I disabled all of my DLC Modules. Now I'm going back and reinstalling them one by one to find the culprit.

....time consuming

Update...It is the stupid Spitfire. I found a post on the steam forum about the spitfire that indeed says this.

THIS SHOULD BE BOTH ADDRESSED ASAP AND FOR ......SAKE, IT SHOULD BE IN BOLD STICKY BULLET SAYING

STEAM SPTIFIRE WILL CAUSE DCS ON STEAM TO NOT START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent hours reading "why steam DCS wont launch" forum threads and never ONCE SAW THIS. I wasted time deleting, reinstalling etc etc

I am a little frustrated right now

Edited by TynMahn
Update