looking for VOR and TACAN list

fitness88

Not going to be able to do much with the VOR stations in this version of the Hornet, the older Australian and Canada version had VOR and ILS apparently? Where are you trying to navigate? Which map, form where to where?

I see all the TACAN stations listed on skyvector for the NTTR Map, plenty of Airports have TACAN channels on the other maps.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

His an example using the NTTR map and skyvector

There are charts in the DCS main install folders, you can also use the F10 map and click on the airport to see all the different stations, or zoom in on the airport TACAN / VORTAC etc.

VORTAC is a USA based system only, as seen below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183924&d=1525529190

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks David OC. I'm flying the Black Sea but I have them all. I know about F10 a bit of a cheat but I like them on my kneeboard.

Is it that these airfields in real world don't have them and are modeled as such?

Short of using a pilot's slide ruler how do you navigate to all the airfields...in real world there should be something to home in on for each airport.

In this video below is the only way I know of how to navigate this version of the USN F-18.

You are limited, not sure how the USN deal with navigating if they have ever needed to be land based in a different country? Otherwise you are just using the ships TACAN or Airbases in the USA using VORTAC.

Do they setup there own TACAN Stations for navigation in theater? I would like to know this also...

Edited by David OC

In this video below is the only way I know of how to navigate this version of the USN F-18.

You are limited, not sure how the USN deal with navigating if they have ever needed to be? land based in a different country?

Do they setup there own TACAN Stations for navigation in theater? I would like to know this also...

Thanks for the follow up. Without a VOR beacon for ADF, or TACAN or Waypoint there is no way to nav to an airfield without calling in to the tower. GPS should be able to off that. I suppose we could start using the charts and do a little math.

So what do you do when you want to fly to an airfield without navigational signal for assistance?

Need-To-Know posted some great content in THIS thread with regards to TACAN navigation.

Not at home at the moment, if there are enough TACAN stations available where your flying you can use radials and distance off those and also reference visuals perhaps.

Need-To-Know posted some great content in THIS thread with regards to TACAN navigation.

Not at home at the moment, if there are enough TACAN stations available where your flying you can use radials and distance off those and also reference visuals perhaps.

Great info I'll take a look at it.

I'm thinking of making a template for missions and put a tacan or VOR at each airbase.

How do see the tacan stations of other ac? Ie tankers or wingman etc

The Mission Builder needs to tell you the Tanker/Carrier TACAN Channel in the Mission Brief.

BTW - The MIDS/LINK 16 implementation now impacts TACAN frequency pairing options ...

Edited by Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...