Folder Naming 2.5 Stable and 2.5.2 Beta

After getting slammed by IRMA coming right over the top of the house, some serious upgrade issues and real life hurdles; nearly a year later I'm reinstalling my DCS World and the A10C I bought last July. I spend months collecting training and tutorial info, so this time around getting started again should be a lot more pleasurable and efficient. I also now have 2.5 to work in. How nice.

Anyway... I have a nice fast 2TB SSD I want to install DCS 2.5 stable on. I "may" install 2.5.2 beta down the road.

Can I safely rename the top drive folder to "DCS World 2.5 Stable" without running to issues with hardware and software finding it? I can then install DCS 2.5 beta, "maybe" down the road into another root level folder.

Anyone see any issues renaming the default install folder from C: Program Files yada yada to E;/DSC World 2.5 Stable" in the install wizard???

Thanks!

Radial9

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

The installation path does not matter, just make sure they are different for different installations. You can even move or rename the installation folder later (just ensure that you update your windows shortcuts accordingly).

DCS will know which files to use based on the directory where the DCS.EXE is located. I.e. E:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe only uses E:\DCS World files.

No problem at all with naming your own install location. Just make sure to give the Beta a different location to install files than where you installed the Stable and you'll be fine. I have both installed on my D drive, which is my 2TB SSD for programs only. I have them installed in my D:\Games\Eagle Dynamics folder. I just kept the suggested folder name, but changed where I wanted it installed. Both versions run independently of each other, with no issues (other than the issues inherent to each version). :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: