Use of the arrow keys to fine tune static objects placement

BlacleyCole

I wish in the mission editor that the arrow keys could be used for fine tuning the static object’s final location. A mouse isn’t presise enough imo

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Definitely +1 to this idea. Using the arrow keys for very small placement adjustments would be very helpful.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I think with the plan of the new 3D scenario editor this will be a thing, that or coordinate input along the different axis

DCS Modules: UH1H | F/A18C | FC3 | Hawk | L-39 | AV8B | Viggen | Combined Arms | F-14 | F-16 | Yak-52

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

I wish in the mission editor that the arrow keys could be used for fine tuning the static object’s final location. A mouse isn’t presise enough imo

If you zoom in all the way in the mission editor, you can move objects and units centimeter-, or at least inch-wise. With the new shape display option of units/objects it is now really easy to place stuff very exact, imo.

I think with the plan of the new 3D scenario editor this will be a thing, that or coordinate input along the different axis

ED stated, that there is no 3d editor is planned. But we have now the option to show objects and units as their top-down representation with their actual dimensions. That is, imo, perhaps even better than 3d placement (one draw back, though: the lay of land is still not easily to figgure out).

If you zoom in all the way in the mission editor, you can move objects and units centimeter-, or at least inch-wise. With the new shape display option of units/objects it is now really easy to place stuff very exact, imo.

ED stated, that there is no 3d editor is planned. But we have now the option to show objects and units as their top-down representation with their actual dimensions. That is, imo, perhaps even better than 3d placement (one draw back, though: the lay of land is still not easily to figgure out).

They have recently stated they are working on it, can’t remember where tho

DCS Modules: UH1H | F/A18C | FC3 | Hawk | L-39 | AV8B | Viggen | Combined Arms | F-14 | F-16 | Yak-52

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache