Black screen when loading a server.

drmagnumwolf

I've been having this problem about a week after the F-18C getting released. It started, at the beginning of it all, with freezing as when the map loaded. Then it got worse as I kept playing, when the role selection loaded and I waited for the frames to stabilize, it would immediately go to a black screen. After troubleshooting (read below), it now extended to as soon as I select any server to play.

It loads perfectly fine by pre-loading the map in the mission editor, and it loads absolutely fine on any single player game, both from Caucasus and Persian Gulf map. What seemed to work was after I deleted all the DCS settings from the DCS folder in "saved games" and not change ANY setting on the OPTIONS menu. As soon as I change anything the problem returns.

Here are some of the steps I tried, I might be forgetting something, and hopefully my memory will jog later.

1. Deleted and renamed my DCS folder in saved games.

2. Rechecked the integrity of the files using Steam.

3. Disabled all mods.

4. Disabled the antivirus.

5. Disabled any setting from my graphics card in Nvidia Inspector.

6. Deleted the entire game and redownloaded it from Steam.

7. This happens, either by loading a public server, or creating my own.

Everything I have on the Logs folder: http://www.mediafire.com/file/il7w3ekw30f81da/Logs.zip

I've included a couple of screenshots of Process Hacker when the problem happens. You can see, that after a while, it goes completely blank, and the DCS process goes practically dormant. It doesn't freezes, or stops responding, it just stands there doing nothing, or nearly nothing.

QkVCj1z.png

My PC specifications are:

Windows 10 Pro version 1803 - Build 17134.345

Geforce Drivers: 416.34

DCS version: 2.5.3.23225

Intel® Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz 8 MB cache LGA1366

2X 2TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

Asus P6T SE Intel X58

NVidia Geforce EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 ICX 11GB

12GB (6x2GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Corsair XMS3 w/Heat Spreader

• 1 month later...

I'll copy paste the same reply I gave to another thread here, for those who are looking into this and find this thread then they can get answer they need.

location: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3718761&postcount=327

I have no idea what made my DCS get back to working condition, the only thing different that I did was to change my HD. (Love it when a 15 month old HD malfunctions, and falls just a few months away from warranty).

Another thing that I did, was to change on Windows Firewall all DCS entries to

Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> Inbound Rules -> Double click on all DCS entries. Then select ADVANCED

Check all boxes on the subsection "PROFILES"(I think this one isn't needed but regardless...)

Then at EDGE TRAVERSAL subsection(Still on the Advanced tab)

Select "Defer to User".