Constant Crashing (unstable)

quicksinner

Not sure what's causing my issues. Out of options now so I'm seeking help. I've even reinstalled the software. I'm working with a Geforce 1080 Ti, 32g ram, I7 7700, and Oculus. I've done repairs, updates ect. I tried running without Oculus to see if that was an issue, still crashes. Then I thought it was just shitty internet, I'm limited to DSL where I live, but nope even on single player missions it still crashes. So here is my last log from today. Not sure what it all means, but that's why I'm reaching out.

dcs.txt

Not sure what's causing my issues.

Can't see to much wrong with it, but:

1. One thing that sticks out is the multiple times that your controllers get initialized, it may be due to them disconnecting and reconnecting during gaming (Issue with your USB ports / HUB) or you just run multiple missions and it has logged them correctly (I thought DCS made a new log for every run of a mission).
  2. Nvidia's GPU 400 series drivers for me have been a nightmare on my rig (YMMV), 411.xx seemed to work ok initially, but would cause my machine to lock solid when DCS was running and in other games and senarios, only options were the reset button or turn of the computer.
  3. Tried the 416.xx drivers and once they were installed my computer was totally unusable, windows run so slowly it took a mouse click minutes to happen, it was like the worst spyware infection I have ever seen on a computer, my machine was so slow, it took me more than 1+ hours to just get the drivers uninstalled and rolled back to the stable 388.71 drivers that have always worked well for me.

You might try some different versions of GPU drivers and check out your USB port setup for you peripherals.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Ian thanks for you’re time. I recently installed these https://www.inateck.com/inateck-ktu3fr-4p-usb-3-0-pci-express-karte-mit-4-usb-3-0-ports.html and have been working fine for the most part. Problem I’ve always had was getting enough USB’s for all the gadgets. Between the warthog hotas, mfd’s, headsets, oculus, etc. I run out of usb. I think you might be right, cause ever since I’ve had them in my computer have been acting weird. Guess I’ll go through my drivers again. Maybe unistall the inatek ones and go back to the old usb extensions, which never worked properly either.

Ian thanks for you’re time.

Problem I’ve always had was getting enough USB’s for all the gadgets. Between the warthog hotas, mfd’s, headsets, oculus, etc. I run out of usb. I think you might be right, cause ever since I’ve had them in my computer have been acting weird.

Guess I’ll go through my drivers again. Maybe unistall the inatek ones and go back to the old usb extensions, which never worked properly either.

No expert with USB stuff, but I do know different chip sets with v2.0 and v3.0 ports can make a huge difference as to what peripherals will work correctly (Looks like that card you used comes recommended).

Each USB root hub or port does have a limited amp rating of 500ma (self powered) as far as I know, so could easily be overloaded with multiple devices on the same shared Root hub (causing some issue).

Shared IRQ lines between USB controller and other peripherals could also be involved in problems.

I had issues with my X52 pro joystick playing up, swapped around some USB ports and left the microsoft USB drivers installed for win8.1 and works pretty good, but if I load the drivers for the actual chipset (Asmedia) that is on the M/B for those USB ports it doesn't work very well at all.

Also recommend that you go into Computer -> Manage Devices -> Universal Serial Bus Controllers -> All HUBs and turn off the selective power OFF options (Allow computer to turn off USB port to save power).

Best of luck with it.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.