AGM-65 little details.

SmokeyTheLung

Although it's not been totally clarified by Wags, it was cool to hear that the Maverick may be getting some seeker logic upgrades to make it more realistic; specifically the need to tell the maverick if you want to lock light on dark or hot on cold or vice versa.

I have another suggestion that's really just visual but would help to "sell" our virtual version... at least in my opinion:

Please see this video at around the 26 sec mark, played at .25 speed. You can see the the Maverick is in a slew state and attempts to find a hot on cold target. You can see just how much the crosshairs will move independent of the seeker gimbal in looking for a lock. In DCS this is represented by a pretty instantaneous snapping of both the seeker and tracking gate to the target. So it seems like DCS simulates a reasonable approximation of the function but could polish the visual a smidge. We have so much real world maverick footage in the public domain it seems like a shame to miss the small details (pointing cross anyone :D) like the wiggly jumping crosshairs.

After seeing some of the detail work Heatblur have done with the F14 I'm obviously spoiled... and arguably also a total lunatic. Thought I'd leave this here anyway :)

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer