Throttle will not roll past idle stop, toward cutoff

Rangoon

Since updating today, I am unable to roll throttle toward the closed side of the idle stop, to cutoff position. This is release version 2.5.4.24730. I have tried the default keyboard controls of Page Up and Page Down, the mouse wheel, and a bound throttle axis. None of these work. I can get full travel between idle stop and full throttle, but no movement from idle stop to cutoff. I am using idle stop release, and can visually confirm the release button is being depressed.

I can also confirm this behavior in the control indicator overlay.

Edit: it seems to be working now. I'm wondering if possibly my "invisible" mouse cursor was aimed at the throttle and, even though I was not touching the mouse wheel, perhaps that was causing some interference? It seems intermittent now. Sometimes I have to use the mouse wheel to move the throttle, and then the axis will start to work again. I can't quite determine the exact pattern, but it seems like this could happen if the two were acting on the throttle simultaneously. Again, this is happening even when I don't see the mouse cursor, and am not touching the mouse. Almost like there is "noise" coming from the mouse wheel that isn't triggering the cursor to display, but is somehow acting on the throttle. I am not seeing any movement in the throttle when this happens, either.

But for now, the throttle is working correctly some of the time.

Edited by Rangoon
Now it's working?

The throttle stop works through an electrical solenoid. It won’t work if cockpit is not powered. Maybe that was your issue.

Also, if your throttle is mapped to an axis, it won’t work past the throttle detent. You need

“Page Down” to bottom it out.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks for the replies to help sort this out. As I mentioned in my original post, "I am using idle stop release, and can visually confirm the release button is being depressed." I also did have the battery on and was using axis, page down, and mouse wheel down. i.e., throttle axis to idle, press idle release, then follow up with either page down or mouse wheel down (battery on).

I really feel like it was interference between me looking at the throttle (in VR) with mouse cursor pointing at the throttle (but invisible, as in mouse not moved so not activated) and using the page down key.

I will test this again and see if I can reproduce it. I am familiar with an odd behavior in the past with Huey where I have to roll throttle up once fully with mouse wheel before my axis from HOTAS will get full travel between idle stop and full open. That is still the case. It was this other odd behavior I haven't seen before.

Since this happened after an update, did you check to see if two keys got assigned to Idle Stop Release? Half the time I have a control problem I find that two keys have gotten assigned the same function.

That's a great suggestion. I am positive I have multiple binds for throttle up/down. I use the excellent CTS utility for my TARGET profiles, and it does map one or two other commands there. I will look into this. I wasn't activating anything redundantly, but worth looking into.