RIO missions?

Capn Penguin

Any missions out there specifically designed for RIO practice? I'm interested in running back seat but would prefer to just plant and stay there and let Robo-pilot fly.

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That might be difficult as the AI pilot is (currently?) limited to level flight or obey the turn commands from RIO.

So if someone is thinking about norma AI fying the aircract, then...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Understood Fri. I would be happy with a simple mission that has many "Bogeys" flying at different altitudes but same basic direction and I start x miles behind. Then a simple "Otto" (My apologies on the mis-name :) ) pilot and I could crawl in the back seat and play with the controls and such to learn them.

I tried to figure it out on the mission builder last night but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed... Heck I'm more like the rusty hoe leaning up against the fence.

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Iceman is limited to simple heading, speed, and altitude changes as commanded from the back seat. So not that different from an actual stick operating meat-puppet.

But in all seriousness, That's all you really need from him.

Just make a mission with some tankers, AWACS, or cargo planes to practice locking up.

Try using DATALINK from the ship or an AWACS to help you find targets, then turn the DL off to practice finding them yourself.

Iceman is limited to simple heading, speed, and altitude changes as commanded from the back seat. So not that different from an actual stick operating meat-puppet.

But in all seriousness, That's all you really need from him.

But it is sooooo much fun to ask Iceman to light the fires on the deck and then climb to Angels 30+ :)))