Unique audio in multiplayer

N1tch

Hi,

I was wondering what I need to do if I am using unique audio sound files (.oggs) in a mission and want to make sure they are heard in multiplayer.

Do I need to make sure people have downloaded them? Does the file structure have to be the same as my own?

Thanks

Edited by N1tch

While I'm not the expert on this, in my experience the answer is no, you don't have to include the .ogg file when you send missions to others.

When you save your mission with a functioning sound event, the sound is part of the .miz file, so anyone running that file will hear the sound. You will notice that the size of the .miz file increases noticeably when you save it with a sound event.

And if you're the host for the multiplayer event, you don't have to send anyone anything - they will hear the sound event as programmed by your .miz file.

P.S. You can set the sound to be heard by one coalition or the other, or by everyone, or (I think) by individual units. I've always used the option to send it to everyone, so I've never tested the other options.

El Vert

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought to look at the size of the miz and see how much it increased when I added a new unique sound. Makes perfect sense.

Right now I'm sending to all but will make it more specific eventually and will likely use the radio message (of course if people aren't tuned in they'll miss it ;) )

Thanks again.