[NO BUG] VDI reflectivity issue with red filter

When enabling the red VDI color filter sun reflections on it and the glow effect linked to them become also red instead of remaining white-golden as they look when the green filter is used...screens below.

Correct behaviour:

1553618515-screen-190326-015928.png

Incorrect red glare and reflection (glare and reflection should look exactly hte same as with the green filter):

1553618515-screen-190326-015932.png

Thanks HB for your out of this world work!!:thumbup:

Edited by IronMike

Take a look at my MODS here

• 3 weeks later...

The green isn't a filter, it's the natural CRT display colour. The red IRL is a physical frame with translucent red material which attaches over the VDI. The 3D modelling for this is not implemented yet, so you don't see the frame when clicking the VDI, only the red effect, but you can see where the frame would clip in if you look carefully. It might not be that that unrealistic for the reflection glare to be red in this case... I don't think we have much control over that in the engine either way though.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, my bad then sir, I though it was just a color change in the "CRT" screen...you are right, if there is a physical red "film" over the screen then the beahviour is absolutelly correct as the glare would be red-ish due to the light being tinted by the material...Im very sorry!! thanks for the clarification!!:thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here