AIM-54A/MK60 vs AIM-54C/MK47

Delta59R

@Karon, were the targets using chaff in any of the tests? Naquaii commented that it was a factor with the A vs C. "numbers for counter measure rejection"

Yes they were.

Typical defeated AIM-54.

rio11-aim-54-pk-miss-a-15nm-1000-hot.jpeg

Stats from the last 4 months on the Hoggit Georgia at War server shows the C being the worst vs AI

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...git_analytics/

Blackbird showed me his research and values a while ago. The problems is the source: GAW. As much I as enjoy flying there, if you watch any tacview, you see plenty of AIM-54 fired from a side of the map to the other. Naturally, the version that has more energy has superior superior results.

He has access to all my data btw, even the incompleted, IIRC.

For instance, attached to one of my last streams whilst playing on GAW there's the tacview file (IIRC it was the time I run into ralfidude). If you download and watch the track, before we RTBed there was a bloody crazy F/A-18 that fired 2 AMRAAMs at target that we killed a few seconds before. If you look around, many players do that. This has an impact on the PK of the AIM-120 of course, but does it mean that the AIM-120 is bad or that some people can't use it?

Again, nothing bad on GAW, it's one of my favourite casual servers, but unfortunately unless you can restrict and filter depending on the launching conditions and other criteria, such values may not reflect the results coming from a controlled environment (or maybe they do, don't know, I haven't finished yet).

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Up the part II: https://flyandwire.com/2019/07/30/aim-54-probability-of-kill-ii-low-altitude/

There will be grammar and syntax errors. I'm too tired to re-check it.

Part III no immediate ETA. I'm quite busy IRL. Happy to see your considerations though.

Conclusions are pretty predictable but the values should help the RIOs to better decide when fire the Phoenix. This also means that if you know such information you can change your approach and manoeuvre to place the aircraft in conditions such that the PK is as high as possible.

This articles are like a puzze: each test hasn't much meaning but when we'll put everything together we should have a decent model of the current implementation of the AIM-54.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack