A-10 RWR

When designing a simple mission in FC 1.12a to gain proficiency at identifying and evading SAMS with the RWR...the RWR does not go active even with Shilkas, Strelas and 300Ps in place. RWR works in the default missions and campaigns but not when I make a mission using the mission editor. I have a POD installed and stores of MAVS.

John Franklin

Shilkas won't appear on your RWR until the last seconds before they open fire on you, Strelas won't appear at all because they're using IR-guided AA-Missiles.

As for the 300p, I don't know.

Did you place a whole S300 site (there's an extra object in the editor for this) or just a launcher vehicle ?

Try a 2S6 Tunguska, those little buggers show up on your RWR quite early.

It's not stupid...it's advanced

angelblade.png

You'll find the same thing with many SAM's in lock on..

TOR's for example will only be detected a km or so before they will fire on you.

When designing the mission, make sure you A-10's flight path passes through at least the darker of the two circles surrounding the Anti Air unit which refers to the detection zone.

With radar guided SAM's you should also pass through the launch zone to get used to the difference between detected, tracking and launching threats.

With IR SAM's, it's down to the good old Mk-1 eyeball :pilotfly:

The flanker training site has an excellent tutorial on evading incoming SAM's http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/Video/Outmaneuvering_SAMs-Ironhand.zip

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]