[NO BUG] Controls on the Hornet's joystick are not working

Hey everyone, I just wanted to fly my first mission in the Hornet and unfortunately none of the controls that are located on the Hornet's joystick are working for me.

First I thought this would be a problem with my TM Hotas Warthog stick, but I disconnected it and even with the keyboard I am not able to do anything that's on the joystick like fire the cannon or trim the plane.

Yes I can pitch and roll the plane, but that's it.

Flying in the Warthog, or using switches on the throttle or cockpit goes without a problem.

Any suggestions on how to solve this are much appreciated.

I would suggest to reassign the functions for the Warthog buttons. Try this video from Wags, post #126:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194412&page=13

Works fine with my TM Warthog stick and throttle.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thanks for the quick reply norbot.

I just did some more testing and found the gun etc. actually working now.

The Hornet's virtual joystick isn't interactive, is it? When I trim the Warthog I can see the trim hat moving on the virtual stick, but not with the Hornet. That made me think the commands weren't working at all.

As much as I know, the buttons of the stick in the cockpit aren't clickable, if that's what you mean. Most of the time I fly the F/A-18 with the stick switched to invisible with the 'backspace' key.

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I didn't mean them to be clickable, but to have visual feedback. Like say when u press the trigger on your joystick the virtual trigger in the game will also be pressed. The A10C has that feature.

There is no animation of the joystick in the Hornet yet, that's correct.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440