Problems with lights - NOT about lighting system

momsi

Hey,

I've also posted on reddit, but since discovered further issues, so I'm posting this with further details.

ALSO: this is absolutely not about the lighting system in general, so please hold back on the rants about this. Everything I talk about, I have seen working for other people.

The first problem: neither the landing lights of the hornet, nor the spotlight of the black shark do illuminate the ground. I can turn them on, but see no light at all in the hornet. In the black shark I can see the light on the external model, but no spot on the ground.

Also in the black shark I discovered, that none on the status lights in the cockpit light up, and this is really annoying, since you need to zoom in like hell to see what's on or off. See picture attached.

I habe seen the landing light of the hornet working for others, the black shark spotlight is also supported to be working. And the button lights of the black shark are also supposed to distinctly change their appearance (i.e. Light up) when you enable or disable them.

What can I do to make these things work?

on_off.png.777f2d0b400b93fdad3d411a84bb4789.png

The Black Shark status lights are a well known DCS 2.5 issue and should be fixed in the model update they are currently working on. My solution at the moment is to run a cockpit mod which makes the lights easier to see

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal