Does the F-14 have a complete game mode?

CptSparrow1993

Yeah, I'll probably get shot by a whole bunch of people for this one...

Honestly though, I do want to learn all the systems eventually, but I just don't have a huge amount of time on my hand ATM with my job and classes. What little time I do have for DCS I'd like to spend flying and blowing things up. I picked up the Hornet a few weeks ago, thinking that it had left early access, but nooooo, it hasn't.:mad: And apparently, game mode is incomplete, as far as I can tell.:(

Then I learned that while the Tomcat was in beta release, it also (according to the advertisements) shipped with all the bells and whistles on day one, so I'm assuming there are still some bugs and features getting additional improvements, but supposedly it's pretty much ready to go. So I'm considering getting my Hornet module refunded and picking up the Tomcat instead.

So, is the game mode complete for the Tomcat? For an idea of what I consider a 'complete' game mode, I use the one that came with Black Shark 2 as a measuring stick, since it allowed me to get into the air and start shooting targets relatively quickly - it's nice to have right now when I don't have time for cold starts and full fidelity systems usage.

Do you have Flaming Cliffs 3? It may be closer to what you're looking for.

To be honest I haven't looked, but I don't think the F-14 has Game Mode. Do new modules even come with it anymore?

That said, the Tomcat really is pretty easy to learn for some instant action dogfights and stuff. Jester takes care of a lot of things for you. You basically just bind the weapon select switch and dogfight radar modes, flip up the master arm, and you're ready to fight.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD