[FIXED] RB 15F | Bearing Mode

jcagle

Hello,

I am trying to better understand how to setup a bearing search mode for the RB 15F.

- From my understanding, the Bearing search occurs along the vector made from Bx7 to Bx8, after the turn from Bx6 to Bx7 has been completed.

Here is the Setting I've Tried

Bearing Preset

VALB - TAKT IN - 800004 - LS - AKT POS UT

The test I have been running is a five ship formation, trying to strike a central/embedded target.

However, when I try the settings above, the missile locks the first ship it sweeps across (at the edge of the formation) as it turns from Bx6 to Bx7.

Am I not understanding bearing search correctly, or bungling the input? Thanks in advance!

RB 15F | Bearing Mode

Bearing search selects the first target that the missile detects iirc

There is another mode to select the target closest to Bx8

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

That description sounds like a 'Close' search mode. This is from the manual

Page 333

AREA search

Used when the target position (ATP) is known. The missile will search within an area near

the ATP. Size of the area can be pre-set via the addressed data in four categories, precision,

small, medium and large.

Search altitude of the missile is dependent on the set area size. If the distance to the ATP is

less than 2 km, mode CLOSE is automatically engaged.

BEARING

Used when only the bearing to target is known. Radar will sweep in an increasing arc from

a narrow search up to ±35°. Search range is about 6- 24 km.

Search altitude is always 30 metres.

CLOSE

Similar to BEARING, but with reduced range (2- 20km). Seeker will lock on the first detected

target.

-------------

Page 334

Target selection

Single target

The missile will lock the target closest to the ATP in mode AREA. If in mode BEARING the

target closest to the search centreline is selected.

Ah you are right. Checked the docs and the code and should be closest to middle of scan cone and checked the code where it was closest to the missile instead. Changed it now and if it passes all tests it will be in some coming patch (unlikely the next one though).

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.