TV or Monitor?

This is a rhetorical question ;)

Some months ago I decided to "upgrade" and replace my old 1080p monitor. I'd recently acquired an RTX 2080 and thought I could quite reasonably go for a 3 monitor setup or a single 4k setup without compromising performance too much. I started to look at high refresh rate monitors (100HZ or more) and widened my search to 4K TV's. Having tried the 3 monitor solution (I had 2 spares at home) the result wasn't optimal and had quite a hit on my frame rates even at 60HZ refresh rate with vsync on (Max 60 FPS) Buying 3 new monitors at 120hz with good response times was really quite pricey! a 49" TV could be the answer I thought and it was. The tv I opted for was a 49" LG 65SM8500PLA 164 cm TV which I picked up on Amazon for under 600 Euros. This TV reportedly sup[ported up to a 120HZ refresh rate with reasonably fast response times and HDR. Unfortunately, 4K at 120HZ didn't appear to be supported but 2560 x 1440 at 120Hz was, more than good enough and easy on my GPU. Remember you need an HDMI 2.1 connector to achieve this...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4