HMS not in line with my eye and out of focus

Mezsh

First of all, the new cockpit looks great!

The only issue I'm having is with the HMS. In a nutshell, it's not in line with my eye. I'm flying in VR (Rift-S) and because of where it's placed in my vision, I have to tilt my head down, and then look up with my eyes to see the target, this means that because I'm looking near the edge of the lens on my headset, the image is slightly blurry, making it hard to see the target I want to designate.

moving the seat up or down is not a realistic option, becuase that would change my perspective relative to the HUD and the rest of the cockpit and the outside world. Neither is messing with settings in my headset, I have no issues with head position in any other of the 25-30 modules I have. AFAIK, in real life, the target reticle would be over the centre of the eye. Is there a way to move the reticle? if not, it would be helpful to be able to move and re-focus the HMS reticle to where it it works best for the operator.

Same issue with the new A10 cockpit. You have to scrunch down to see the whole HUD. When you do it you look like a dwarf that is one foot away from the seat of the aircraft...

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Cheers, that seems to work! It's not perfect, but it's better than it was.

j0nx, yes, I have the exact same problem with the A-10 since the new update. Somebody mentioned changing something in the settings for the A-10, but I've not tried it yet. I practically had to have my chin on my desk, and then look up to see the gunsight reticle in the HUD. I'll play with that tonight and get back to you if I find the solution to it.

First of all, the new cockpit looks great!

The only issue I'm having is with the HMS. In a nutshell, it's not in line with my eye. I'm flying in VR (Rift-S) and because of where it's placed in my vision, I have to tilt my head down, and then look up with my eyes to see the target, this means that because I'm looking near the edge of the lens on my headset, the image is slightly blurry, making it hard to see the target I want to designate.

It shouldn't be so that it is edge of your FOV. It should be above your line of sight, not center of it.

It was meant to be used to designate the targets but not block your view. And when you are performing gun strafes your helicopter is anyways in nose down run and then you will value more that you can aim upwards easily than downwards.

There is as well that with it you could launch R-73 missiles to targets that are above you, same thing with fighters. And so that you can look at your HUD without the HMS blocking your view.

1674563606_KA-50R-73.png.5229cb397f61b453ecf91b9065695e6c.png

1386909940_KA-50R-73v3.png.a6fc4a2e0038be4ac90f71404673dd16.png

moving the seat up or down is not a realistic option, becuase that would change my perspective relative to the HUD and the rest of the cockpit and the outside world.

Your seat position doesn't change how your HMS is on your helmet. There is the setting in the configs you need to edit with text editor that allows you to set your HMS reticle sight position if not wanted to have it off-center. But that will break your replays etc.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=584093&postcount=6

Neither is messing with settings in my headset, I have no issues with head position in any other of the 25-30 modules I have. AFAIK, in real life, the target reticle would be over the centre of the eye.

No, it would be above your vision. If you would look straight forward, it would be about 11 degree upwards.

And it is just a reflex sight with general pointer, that you then just look at target and uncage missile seeker for lock on.

Is there a way to move the reticle? if not, it would be helpful to be able to move and re-focus the HMS reticle to where it it works best for the operator.

Yes, above.

But the reticle should be slightly out of focus for everyone, how it is in Su-27S and MiG-29's is wrong, as it is just the old Lock-On limitation in graphics where it is drawn very sharply. While it really should be little soft like tiny CRT projected on it.

You can see that reticle there, it is off-axis and its projector is top of the helmet when you stop to the frame.

KA-50

1312582337_KA-50HMS.png.419a4caa4518552aa081702ed21c10e9.png

Su-27S

371987019_Su-27SHMSreticle.png.041945e7fbe49fdb4804ea871990628c.png

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Same issue with the new A10 cockpit. You have to scrunch down to see the whole HUD. When you do it you look like a dwarf that is one foot away from the seat of the aircraft...

It is meant to be so that your eyes looks above the HUD. To see the HUD you need to lean forward.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.