SnapViews.lua keeps resetting

I edited this Lua file under "[13] = {--default view" for each module to have them all at the same FOV to 1) have a better sense of scale and 2) keep it consistent between all modules. However recently after some time or after joining multiplayer servers these values have reset to the standard values which are all over the place with some being at 60, others being at 110, almost double. Modifying the Lua each time is fairly work-intensive and even with backups of the modified file it still makes it annoying to have to go to the location every time.

SnapViews.lua is located in the default location in the Saved Games folder at C:\Users\Matti0503\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View

SnapViews.lua

Just set the value in the lua file to 90 for the F-16, worked fine for single player but as soon as I joined a server the FOV was clearly high above 90 but once again the lua says 90 but it was closer to 110. I'll attach the trk file in which I zoomed in to what it should look like at the end

Kirks Freeflight spring evening 2.0.5-20200522-234742.trk

Some Server missions Will booger up your views. I’ve experienced this in the past. If you get a copy of the .miz file, compress it, then open its files with win zip (or equivilent). Find the views folder and delete it. Your view setting should be restored. Of course, it doesn’t help you if someone else is hosting unless you get THEM to do this.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Some Server missions Will booger up your views. I’ve experienced this in the past. If you get a copy of the .miz file, compress it, then open its files with win zip (or equivilent). Find the views folder and delete it. Your view setting should be restored. Of course, it doesn’t help you if someone else is hosting unless you get THEM to do this.

It's weird that that would happen, thanks for clearing it up. It should maybe be fixed so that server files can't override the client files anymore.