Thoughts on the new Reverb G2?

Just did the pre-purchase of the just released HP reverb G2. I have the odyssey plus right now but it is difficult to read gauges. For those with the current reverb, how legible are the gauges currently? I really wanted to buy the current reverb due to high resolution but without a manual IPD, it was a deal breaker. Thankfully, they have included these adjustments on the new version.

Edited by Rossterman

I7-6700k @ 4.5ghz

Gigabyte gaming 3 motherboard

32gb 3000hz ddr4

EVGA 2080ti black w/ hydrocopper water cooling

360mm custom water cooled loop for CPU and Vid card

500mb nvme ssd

256mb sata ssd

2gb hdd

Samsung Odyessy +

TM warthog stick & throttle

MS ff2 stick

I upgraded to the Reverb from the Rift CV1. Sorry I don’t have any experience with Odyssey.

When I was using the rift I had to move my sitting position fairly close in to be able to see and read the Mfds on the A10c, especially DSMS profiles and CDU. Sometimes I even had to lean forward. But when I moved to the Reverb I could easily read everything from the default sitting position so easily. It’s amazing for that but there’s a central sweet spot to the reverb. I can live with this as I am not looking at Mfds or gauges from my peripheral vision.

SDE are nearly gone. I mean sometimes I forget it’s there but sometimes in a plain background, if you look for it, you will see it. But yeah miles ahead of the CV1.

I saw the Reverb G2 reveal on Mixed Reality TV and it looks great.