Virtual head position in cockpit and loss of mouse pointer

AlpineGTA

I was starting a dark and cold instant action mission in the Viper last night. When I put my blue cross mouse pointer on the cockpit lighting knob and went to rotate it with the trackball on my mouse, the blue cross disappeared and instead of rotating the knob it moved my head position horizontally forwards and backwards in the cockpit. No matter what button I pressed I couldn't get the blue cross cursor back and get out of this 'mode'. It just kept moving me forwards or backwards.

I tried quitting the mission and tried again several times but it kept doing the same thing. I'm aware of the keyboard commands: RCtrl+RShift+Number Keypad 2,4,6,8,5 etc. to move your VR position around but this isn't even what I was trying to do, I just wanted to rotate the lighting knob and I didn't even touch the keyboard. Other aircraft are fine, so is it maybe a Viper bug?

It was a night time mission and I did have the flashlight on so I could see the knobs in the cockpit. Could this possibly have a bearing on it?

I did also have my head turned quite heavily, along with moving the cursor even further with the trackball, to reach the knob on the side panel, before attempting to scroll the knob with the mouse scroll wheel. Perhaps this combination of inputs was enough to glitch it into a different input?

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

You are inadvertently double clicking your middle mouse button whilst scrolling the wheel. Scroll less enthusiastically or just double click the wheel to change focus back.

Hope this helps.

John

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Yes, it was the scroll wheel. I'm still getting used to using a trackball mouse with my left hand after being accustomed to using the Oculus controllers. It must be quite a sensitive scroll wheel.

Thanks for the help.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2