Training Mission - Ground Handling: Car going off road

Holton181

So, I did a quick search and didn't see this reported.

OB 2.5.6.52437

In the second tutorial, Taxi and Ground handling, the car to follow doesn't stop at the thrust revers training inside "Car stop" trigger zone, but makes a slight right turn and going off road before stopping just outside trigger zone "Car stop" making any further mission progress impossible (trigger "Continue follow FL8" require the car to be inside "Car stop").

I tested to open the mission in ME and save it without any modification, moved the cars WP5 slightly and saved, and added a condition to the WP5 "Hold" action since that was the only difference I could find compared to the WP1 "Hold" that works as intended. Tested both "Time More 9:00:00" and "Is User Flag 5". Nothing worked to make him stop at correct location.

Time is long overdue for ED to shape up ground AI behavior...:(

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just to add.

Tested now to remove the requirement for the car to be withing the "Car stop" trigger zone for the mission to proceed, and it did. The car eventual found its way back to the taxiway via going straight through a hangar, and then he skipped the last WP (15) and went out the bush...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5