TPOD Glitch Or User Error!?

This "issue" has now come up enough times that it warrants a thread. I may not be in the right area, but seeing how I am in Raven 1 maybe I should start here.

I am just starting to master inputting coordinates thanks to all of you, so I could be wrong. My TPOD gets drunk. Today I put in the coordinates in Mission 9 for the first armor target. To my surprise I actually got ta picture in the DDI of the tank when inputting the coordinates directly (no decimal conversion). I inputted coordinates to a waypoint then hit waypoint designate. The TPOD was off a little off by 10-20 feet but it was close enough to possibly hit.

THE PROBLEM:

When I look in the HUD the Diamond is nowhere near the image on the DDI. The HUD shows the Diamond in the Ocean. The bomb fall line is several notches to the left of the diamond. They do not line up. I have had this issue on other Raven 1 Missions, also when manually scrolling the diamond. For instance in another scenario, I was trying to use the HUD diamond to scroll a target and the DDI camera image was practically on another planet.

I have crude pictures taken in VR. If you notice the diamond in the HUD is pointed at the armor and the runway, but the image in the DDI shows dirt. The camera direction is several angles "lower" than the diamond on the HUD.

1575264691_Screenshot(722).thumb.png.7b099bac8af3d6cf67a884fcb2c231ce.png

263048769_Screenshot(724).thumb.png.135fb0b3909b695c189acbec58f8207e.png

Known issue? User error?

Thanks you fantastic pilots out there!

Fang

• 3 weeks later...