Ground Troops Aviation Training Center

We can work through the chapters of this book

http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...-h-8083-21.pdf

What do you think?

Exactly what I was thinking of. I have the hard copy of this book and the only thing that would be better would be a book exclusive to counter rotating rotor systems dynamics like H46, H47, Ka50, 52. I have not found that book yet!

I have 16 year experience with H53 A,D,&E models so if I can be of help answering questions I'll do the best I can. We need a teamspeak server setup that would help a lot.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Gentlemen, calling all graphic designers here. We are looking to create a patch for the GTATC. If anyone has any ideas or would like to submit a design, feel free to do so here or PM me. Just ask that it look professional and military in nature.

Thanks

SunDown

• 38 years later...

Ground school is a good place to start, how about articles on why and how a helicopter flys so everyone has an idea of whats going on when we finally get the BS. I'm talking elementary aeronautics here nothing to deep. Stuff like airfoil,relative wind,blade pitch angle,angle of atack, Magnus affect, Lift & Drag effects,Transitional lift,Dissymmetry of lift effects,factors affecting performance- weather,weight. Things like that. What do you guys think.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Chapter 1 General Design Exam is posted Here

Task Standard: Answer 90% of exam answers correctly

Send your answers to me in a PM (no attachment required). I'll post who has received a "GO"

"GO"

DEVILETK

FLYBOY101

DANISH_SQUID

RAVEN434TH

TUSLER

ROGE

TARTAN_PIPER

PITBULL

ROBGORDON

KAOS.DLL

SCRAPIRON

CAT_101ST

CHILLSPIDER

MATLO

GREYWOLF134

Chapter 2 Cockpit Controls Part 1 Exam is posted Here

Send your answers to me in a PM (no attachment required). I'll post who has received a "GO"

"GO"

TARTAN_PIPER

INSECKT

TUSLER

ROGE

DEVILETK

FLYBOY101

ROBGORDON

PITBULL

KAOS.DLL

CAT_101ST

CHILLSPIDER

MALTO

GREYWOLF134

Chapter 2 Cockpit Controls Part 2 Exam is posted Here

"GO"

FLYBOY101

TUSLER

ROBGORDON

ROGE

DEVILETK

KAOS.DLL

INSECKT

CAT_101ST

CHILLSPIDER

GREYWOLF134

MALTO

Chapter 2 Cockpit Controls Part 3 Exam is posted Here

**Admin note: Due to the way its worded, question six wont be counted. The manual doesn't really do a good job of spelling out that the backup light is slewable.The topic is covered on page 2-56. RobGordon did some checking in the sim itself and found that both lights are slewable. Thanks Rob.**

"GO"

ROBGORDON

FLYBOY101

ROGE

TUSLER

DEVILETK

CAT_101ST

CHILLSPIDER

GREYWOLF134

MALTO

Chapter 2 Cockpit Controls Part 4 Exam is posted Here

"GO"

FLYBOY101

ROGE

TUSLER

CAT_101ST

CHILLSPIDER

GREYWOLF134

MALTO